LawStrive Advice section is a question and answer platform for users seeking Legal Advice from Legal Practitioners.

Ask Question

elias adekomi

I would like to know the best form of tenancy agreement that will both be beneficial to tenants and landlord which also make them pay regularly their rent as at when due..Also,how can one deal with defaulters so that they wont have the grace of staying more than 6 months or up to a year before eviction or quitting willingly. Thanks.

Asked - Sep 19 2017, 08:28 AM

667 views446 users marked as helpfulMark as helpful

Reply by Sandra Olojede (Lawyer)

Hi Mr Elias, the best form of tenancy agreement is one drafted by a lawyer, as a lawyer would be able to include the necessary clauses that would be beneficial to both parties (especially you). In order to avoid such unpleasant situations, where there is a tenancy agreement signed, and the tenant defaults on any of his obligations, you have a right to serve such tenant a quit notice according to the provisions of the law, and where the tenant refuses to vacate the premises, you instigate the appropriate legal process for eviction. You can contact any of our lawyers to help you better with tenancy issues.

Posted - Sep 21 2017, 01:05 PM

elias adekomi

Thank you so much for your kind response.It's been very helpful.

Posted - Sep 21 2017, 10:42 PM

Reply by Sandra Olojede (Lawyer)

My pleasure, always. Thank you

Posted - Sep 22 2017, 01:34 PM

Login to join this conversation or ask your question